Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Strange Guest


So awhile back when I was scrolling through Word Press, someone posted a sentence and wanted others to tell what happened next. I am usually not good at creating stories "on the spot" like that but I thought I would challenge myself. Well I came up with one. After posting it and reading it a few times, I realized I should have added a few more things. So here I will post what I wrote with the changes.

Daily Prompt: Unexplained Guest – “You walk into your home to find a couple you don’t know sitting in your living room, eating a slice of cake. Tell us what happens next.”

What a long day and it barely started. I had an early morning photography meet-up at a lake and couldn’t wait to get back home even though I had fun. It was 11am as I was walking up to my house. I was so ready for a shower and a nap.
As I started to turn the key to unlock my door, I heard weird noises coming from inside. I carefully opened the door and there I saw two strange people sitting on the couch eating a slice of red velvet cake.
I looked around to make sure I had the right house. Since I did just unlock the door, it would make sense that I had the right house. I slowly stepped in holding my tripod over my head with the pointy feet facing out, ready to stab and beat someone.
“Who the hell are you? Why are you in my house? And how did you even get in?”
The frightened couple  looked up at me with red and white stuff all over their faces. Hey, why are they scared? They are the ones that are in my house eating my cake.
As I stared at them, I noticed something really odd about the strangers. Their skin was a pale blue with tiny like scales all over, their hair was almost white, their eyes were round and pink and they seemed to be thin but not boney.
“*^#@x?A%~” said the short-haired one in some weird language.
“Please don’t harm us. We are not here to hurt you. We are visitors and just want to experiment your kind’s lifestyle.” said the long-haired one.
Their voices had a synthesized tone to it. It was kinda cool and creepy at the same time.
“Um, okay. Visitors?”
“Yes, we’re from the planet Zuna. We find Earth interesting and want to try out things here on your planet.” said the short-haired one.
Even though I was still freaked, I lowered my tripod and sat my other things down on the coffee table.
“You know, you shouldn’t just enter people’s homes and start eating their food. It’s rude and you’re likely to get hurt if caught by the wrong people.”
“Sorry, we didn’t mean to be rude. On our planet, everyone is like family and we don’t have those customs. My name is Dezmia and this is my husband Zurkla.” the long-haired one said.
“How did you get into the house since it was locked?”
Zurkla said, “We can teleport. It’s how we get around most places.”
I gave them some milk to wash down the cake. They thought both the cake and milk was interesting. When I explained to them what milk was and where it came from, they got a weird look on their face.
Dezmia stared at her milk and said “So, you squeeze white stuff out of an animal and drink it? How very interesting.”
They asked about my gear and I explained about the concept of pictures and showed them what I took. They thought our planet was very pretty and explained what theirs looked like.
Their planet was what we would know to be very cold, like below zero temperatures. Their structures were like ice buildings. They also spent a lot of time in the water but could also breath out of it. Their food was what they would find in the waters. They could talk with just their minds, move things without touching them and their hearing was like sonar. They were a peace-loving species.
When I asked them how can they be on earth with our warmer climate, they told me that they are able to adjust to the temperatures in their surrounding area. They also told me even though they have sonic hearing, sometimes they can still get distracted and not hear something right away. It's how I startled them when I walked in.
I then told them a little about our culture. They were sadden to hear that we are not so peaceful and fight over the smallest things. I also explained to them about movies, tv shows and music. I played some 60′s-today’s music, told them about the people I liked and why and we also danced. Their way of dancing is so weird-looking. It looked more like they were having seizures. It was funny to watch and come to think of it, some of our dances are not much better, hahaha.
I gave them a list of tv shows and movies that they should watch. We did end up watching ‘Star Wars’ (they picked it, not me). I had to remind them that it wasn’t real. They did tell me that something similar did actual happen in their galaxy between two other worlds. How freaky is that?
It was getting late and they had to get back home. They thanked me for having them and I thanked them for not killing me.  I think I actually might miss them. I was able to take my shower but it was too late to take my nap. I just wrote about my experience and turned in early thinking about my very weird day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pumpkin The Lucky Kitten

There was a six month old kitten that was black with tan spots. One day a little boy found the kitten and asked his parents if he could kee...